Friday 3 May 2013

How do we celebrate Anzac Day?



How do you celebrate / fully utilized last week's ANZAC DAY holiday?
I don't know you but I believe you can guess mine!!
BINGO!!! We had SALMON hotpot at home. 
Since my parents had bought this electrical stove to Adelaide, 
me and my family always have hotpot. 
You know it ~ Self-served, put everything in the pot and just wait, 
it is much easier than thinking what should we cook tonight. 
Therefore, we decided to have hotpot while inviting our friends to come over ALWAYS. 

First of all, I have to declare that I have no idea and never tried to have salmon in hotpot ever. 
While I heard about the idea that we were going to have SALMON hotpot, 
I was totally like "Are you kidding me?? That's SALMON, man!! Should have sashimi instead!!"
However, it turned out we had the SUPER-EVER DELICIOUS soup base.

{ We were told to put the food on the skewers }
And our chef kept saying we were having BBQ pot instead of hotpot 



{ Skillful helper helped putting the prawn on the skewers }

Did you see our main character of today? SALMON!!
We are trying to put pieces on the skewers so that we can have the BBQ pot. 





{ Everyone was helping with the preparation}
I tried to relax and do nothing but it failed.

{Started by having some Shiraz champagne } 

Luckily not all the salmon was being thrown into the hotpot, 
our chef gave us a luxury entree - Salmon Sashimi !!
They were fat enough and tasted fresh. 
Although the flavour of salmon is not as strong as those we ate from sushi shop, 
they were fine for us with this reasonable price. 


Everyone couldn't wait to have that, 
and honestly I was hungry as well. 
Totally forgot to take pictures during the process, 
plus forgot to take photos of the they-said-it's-sweet-but-I-did-not-try apple crumble. 

How did you enjoy your long weekend last week? 
Hope you have had some good moments like us:)

With Love, 
Vagrantgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment