Friday 22 March 2013

Challenging myself

I have challenged myself to work in the apple factory for the sake of money. I know this job is not easy at all because I was warned by my friend, "that's a really boring job" but I do not care because I love money more than anything else at the moment.

My journey of working at the apple factory is quite interesting. The first day I worked there, my whole body was super tired and couldn't even remember how many time I had checked the time from the phone. I was wondering: "Why I work bloody hard but the time still go slowly? I just want to go home!!"

Challenging both my psychological and physical fitness while the clock was ticking, finally it's time to go home, you can't imagine how happy I was. I was just like a kid who was given a lolly. Without having my dinner, I went straight to bed and slept for 15 hours. That's the first time in my life I slept that much. I told myself, "I wouldn't go back to work over there again". However, when my friend sent me a message saying "Trista, can you work in the apple factory tomorrow? " I responded immediately, "yes, I can". I don't know the reason why I replied them instantly without thinking. Perhaps I want to challenge myself again.

This time I know what I should do before going to the apple factory. Firstly, I have to get enough sleep and secondly I have to have enough nutrition :). So I did follow what I think is right to do. I woke up and ate one banana and few slice of banana cake, drunk some water. It seemed like I am strong enough for work :). I got to the workplace and worked for an hour.Suddenly, I felt something wrong in my body. Insisted for a while but I couldn't stand it any more. I went to the toilet and vomited. I looked up in the mirror and I realized my face was so pale like a dead body. I still tried my best to work for the next few hours and waited for the lunch break to come.

At lunch time, my whole body was shaking. I managed to finish my lunch in order to get some energy since I don't want to faint at my workplace. After an hour returned to work, I felt like I couldn't stand on my feet. I run so fast to the bathroom and threw up again. Gosh!!! I just wanted to go home but I couldn't because no one could drive me home at that time. I am so exhausted but I still have to work. My eyes can't open and my arms couldn't move. I felt like dying but the bitch Korean lady who stood next to me didn't realize that. She kept asking me to do everything, urging me to perform the task faster, carrying as many apples as possible... I was so upset and told her, "I can't do it". I was talking to myself in the mind, "if she still annoys me, I would tell her to shut her mouth up and do your job". What's wrong with her? Why didn't she think I'm torturing myself? Sigh...I really want to kill that lady!!So rude!!

Anyway, I got a new experience to tell my family and friends about my life in Australia. My parent probably couldn't believe I had done such job. I am more mature than they thought, no longer a princess when I am away from home. Be strong!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment