Wednesday 20 March 2013

Should love "yum cha" as a hongkie

Home safely, and of course, back to the city which known as shopping paradise, I would not only stay at home. However, overwhelmed by the hustle bustle, I walked around for 2.5 hours after church yesterday, I officially gave up. Better took a good rest at home.

As a 'tradition', every time I came back from Australia, once the flight landed, I would meet my parents in the 'cha lau' ( place especially for yum cha). But since I promised my friend meeting her in the airport and having lunch with her, I did break my routine. And finally, I had a chance to yum cha today. I miss this so much. The varieties of food in cha lau in Adelaide is not as many as in Hong Kong, so as the taste.

We didn't go to the cha lau that we usually go today, although the food is not as wonderful as the one I like, it still delicious. Just me and my mum, so we could not order lots of food. As I remember, once me and my classmates went yum cha during lunch time while I was still in secondary school. We ordered lots of food, I think more than 30 dishes!! I miss those days honestly.

"Cha Lau" usually looks like this. With lots of tables and elderly.



Ordering Sheets, fully of all varieties of food


Below: Some of the dishes that I had and like :)









With Love, 
Vagrantgirl

Stay tuned, I will bring you more interesting things I had in Hong Kong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment